Linwood man killed in accident on K-10
A 28-year-old Linwood man died early Friday, April 14, when a tractor-trailer struck his car on Kansas Highway 10.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, Justin L. Coffman, Linwood was driving a 1994 Toyota Camry east when the truck, which was heading west, crossed over the median into oncoming traffic, rolled onto its side and struck Coffman's car. Highway patrol reports said it's unclear why the truck left its lanes of traffic.
The truck driver, Ernest H. martin, 59, South Greenfield, Mo., was taken to Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
Patrol reports said it wasn't clear whether Martin was wearing a seatbelt, while Coffman was not wearing a seatbelt.
The accident occurred about 6:50 a.m. Friday, about two miles east of the intersection of K-10 and Kansas Highway 7.
For more on this accident, see the April 19 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- O'Brien: Broken funding formula and necessary corrections
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools
- Tonganoxie School Board special meeting Thursday to cover potential LOB increase, freshman athletics
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events