Linwood man dies in K-10 crash
A 28-year-old Linwood man died early Friday when a tractor-trailer struck his car on Kansas Highway 10.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, Justin L. Coffman, Linwood was driving a 1994 Toyota Camry east on K-10 when the truck, which was heading west, crossed over the median into oncoming traffic, rolled onto its side and struck Coffman's car. Highway patrol reports said it's unclear why the truck left its lanes of traffic.
The truck driver, Ernest H. Martin, 59, South Greenfield, Mo., was taken to Overland Park Regional Medical Center, where he was treated and released, according to hospital officials.
Patrol reports said it wasn't clear whether Martin was wearing a seatbelt, while Coffman was not wearing a seatbelt.
The accident occurred about 6:50 a.m. Friday, about two miles east of the intersection of K-10 and Kansas Highway 7.
More like this story
- Practicing procedure enhanced with simulator program at Tonganoxie Police Department
- Tonganoxie man sought in KCK detective shooting caught; officer killed
- Topeka councilman, wife, charged with abusing children
- Tonganoxie part of investigation in shooting death of KCK officer
- Suspect in custody after Kansas City killing spree that left five dead