Motorcyclist hurt in crash on highway
A 63-year-old Kansas City, Kan., motorcyclist was taken by air ambulance to the University of Kansas Hospital in Kansas City, Kan., following an accident Sunday morning in Tonganoxie.
According to police Sgt. Billy Adcox, a truck heading south was stopped on U.S. Highway 24-40, waiting to make a left turn onto Eighth Street.
A car driven by Karen Blanchard, 60, Leavenworth, that was following the truck slowed down.
"She stopped behind the truck, and the motorcycle did not see her and ran into the back of her car," Adcox said.
Morris D. Horner, the driver of the motorcycle, was taken by air ambulance to the KU hospital, where hospital officials on Tuesday said they couldn't confirm Horner was a patient.
Adcox said he didn't know how fast Horner was traveling at the time of the accident. Horner was wearing a helmet, and Blanchard was wearing a seatbelt.
The accident occurred about 11:30 a.m. Sunday.
Tonganoxie firefighters and Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service also responded to the accident.
More like this story
- Majority of Kansas precinct seats empty for both parties
- Tonganoxie City Council's Reed to challenge O'Brien for Kansas House seat
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas Democrats file protest over school finance bill
- Kansas headed toward another school finance debate next year