Obituary: Russell Dean Vassar
Graveside services for Russell Dean Vassar, 61, Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, April 18, 2005, at Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens in Kansas City, Kan.
Mr. Vassar died Saturday, April 15, 2006, at his home. He was born Oct. 30, 1944, in Mountain Grove, Mo., the son of Kenneth H. and Lela Sanders Vassar.
He graduated from Rockhurst College in Kansas City, Mo., in 1975. Mr. Vassar retired in 1995 as a manager of train operations for Union Pacific Railroad. He also was a farmer and rancher and a charter member of the National Cattlemen's Beef Assn.
He married Gwen Chaffin. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Mark Allen Erter, Kansas City, Mo.; a daughter, Delana Anne Webb, Kansas City, Kan.; a brother, Robert, LaTour, Mo.; two sisters, Twila Jean Frank, Kansas City, Kan., and Theda J. Stoner, Tonganoxie; three grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck