Obituary: Russell Dean Vassar
Graveside services for Russell Dean Vassar, 61, Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, April 18, 2005, at Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens in Kansas City, Kan.
Mr. Vassar died Saturday, April 15, 2006, at his home. He was born Oct. 30, 1944, in Mountain Grove, Mo., the son of Kenneth H. and Lela Sanders Vassar.
He graduated from Rockhurst College in Kansas City, Mo., in 1975. Mr. Vassar retired in 1995 as a manager of train operations for Union Pacific Railroad. He also was a farmer and rancher and a charter member of the National Cattlemen's Beef Assn.
He married Gwen Chaffin. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Mark Allen Erter, Kansas City, Mo.; a daughter, Delana Anne Webb, Kansas City, Kan.; a brother, Robert, LaTour, Mo.; two sisters, Twila Jean Frank, Kansas City, Kan., and Theda J. Stoner, Tonganoxie; three grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High athlete signs to compete in track at Tabor for former THS coach
- Tonganoxie youths gearing up for 'Midsummer Night's Dream' productions Friday and Saturday
- Tonganoxie High girls track 2nd, boys 4th at Bobcat Relays
- Tonganoxie High School track teams look to build on 2014
- THS football standout Trimble signs with Fort Scott Community College