April 28-29 set for Good Shepherd plant sale
Erin Bingham is organizing a plant sale to benefit the Good Shepherd Thrift Shop and Food Bank.
The sale will be from 9 a.m. to noon Friday and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Good Shepherd Thrift Shop and Food Bank.
Bingham, a 22-year-old Tonganoxie woman, has volunteered at the thrift shop in the past.
"One of the volunteers there gardens a lot and she would divide her plants and put them in sacks and set them by the front door (of the thrift shop) and they sold really well," Bingham said. "So that kind of sparked the idea."
And recently, Bingham said, she realized that her mother, Chris Bingham, who is an avid gardener, would have plants left over after dividing hers.
"She said, 'Maybe the thrift shop would want to sell them and maybe there are other gardeners around Tonganoxie that want to divide their plants,'" Erin Bingham said.
So Bingham talked to the thrift shop directors and set a date. A rain date has been set for May 5-6. Bingham asks gardeners to label their plants, if they know what they are, and to write down planting tips.
For more information, call Bingham at (913) 845-3269.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate panel considering bill to ban abortion method
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Tonganoxie churches offering free eyeglass exams
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action