Obituary: Bonnie Lee Forshee
Services for Bonnie Lee Forshee, 75, Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, April 26, 2006, at First Baptist Church in McLouth. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery in Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Forshee died Friday, April 21, 2006, at her home. She was born Sept. 8, 1930, in Locust Grove, Ark., the daughter of Walter and Dessie Jones Eurssey.
Mrs. Forshee worked in the Drafting Engineering Department at Southwestern Bell in Kansas City, Mo., for 27 years before she retired. She was a member of West Haven Baptist Church in Tonganoxie.
She married Gene Forshee on May 20, 1949, in Pleasant Grove, Ark. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Ronnie Forshee, McLouth, and Bobby Forshee, Tonganoxie; five daughters, Jeanne Thornton and Sharon Pickens, both of Tonganoxie, Liz Kesinger, Glenrose, Texas, Debby Swallow, Columbus, Texas, and Diane Murry, Leavenworth; a sister, Mavis Curtis, Falls City, Neb.; 18 grandchildren; and 29 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society or Leavenworth County Hospice, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
Online condolences may be sent at www.quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police calls, March 25-April 9, 2015
- Tonganoxie police calls, Feb. 20-March 1, 2015
- Kansas House panel considers higher scrap theft penalties
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating