Obituary: Helen F. Ashworth
Graveside services for Helen F. Ashworth, 89, formerly of McLouth and Tonganoxie, were Monday, Aug. 28, 2006, at McLouth Cemetery.
Mrs. Ashworth died Friday, Aug. 25, 2006, at Jefferson County Geriatrics Center in Winchester. She was born July 31, 1917, at McLouth, the daughter of Charles Emmett and Charlotte Christina White Thompson.
She graduated from McLouth High School in 1935 and lived in Winchester since 2002 after moving from Chantilly, Va.
Mrs. Ashworth was the administrator and food service supervisor at the Jefferson County Geriatrics Center and was a member of First Baptist Church of McLouth.
She married Herman Lee Ashworth on May 30, 1937, in Lawrence. He died Aug. 19, 2001.
Survivors include a daughter, Sharon Farmer, Fredericksburg, Va.; a sister, June Rasch, Lawrence; four grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
A son, Ed Ashworth, died Sept. 19, 2005.
The family suggests memorials to First Baptist Church of McLouth, sent in care of the Barnett-Chapel Oaks Funeral Home, P.O. Box 416, Oskaloosa 66066.
More like this story
- Kansas House, Senate panels approve judicial budget bill
- Kansas AG named to national group's new agriculture panel
- Kansas House passes amendment protecting hunting, fishing rights
- Kansas' criminal forfeiture law, among nation's toughest, faces bipartisan effort to change
- Kansas court's approval of death sentence not seen as shift