Team’s chemistry vital, coach says
Many McLouth High volleyball team members have played together in the prep ranks, but that experience has come at the junior varsity level.
With several seniors graduating from last year's 8-24 squad, this year's Bulldog players will have several players without varsity experience.
Second-year MHS coach Amy Bergman, though, isn't concerned with a lack of varsity experience.
"There's good team chemistry because they've already played together," Bergman said.
And, players such as senior Rachael Thompson and junior Samantha Farris, do have varsity experience.
The Bulldogs have five seniors on this year's team -- Thompson, Megan Howerton, Paula Pinto, Caitlin Mestagh and Erin Heckard.
McLouth started its season last weekend at the Delaware Valley League tournament, which was held in McLouth. The Bulldogs went 2-2 in the tournament, defeating Troy (25-17, 25-20) and Jackson Heights (16-25, 25-20, 25-22). MHS fell to Horton (25-23, 22-25, 25-16) and Wathena (25-18, 25-22).
Doniphan West won the tournament with a 25-15, 25-21 win against Jefferson County North.
More like this story
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Kansas lawmakers reviewing bill to liberalize marijuana laws
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Tonganoxie man pleads no contest in case involving juvenile
- 2 KC area residents arrested in prescription forgery case