Nancy Louise Smith
Services for Nancy Louise Smith, 59, rural Leavenworth County, will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 15, 2006, at the United Methodist Church in Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Eagle Cemetery, north of Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Smith died Sunday, Dec. 10, 2006, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. She was born Aug. 20, 1947, in Lawrence, the daughter of Earlan and Winifred (Moses) Hurley.
She earned her bachelor's and master's degrees from Kansas University, Lawrence. She had worked as the variety page editor for Lawrence Journal-World and had published her own gardening newsletter, "Back in Thyme." Mrs. Smith had worked during the past several years for Ogden Publications in Topeka -- first as editor for Farm Collector magazine, and most recently as managing editor at Mother Earth News magazine.
She was a member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority.
On Jan. 26, 1969, she married Richard M. Smith in Lawrence. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two daughters, Alison Reber, Lawrence, and Adrienne Oudenampsen, Arnhem, Netherlands; a brother, Jack L. Hurley, Eagle Rock, Mo.; and two granddaughters.
The family will receive friends from 1 p.m. Friday until service time, at the church.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Oncology Department of Lawrence Memorial Hospital, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
Condolences to the family may be left at www.quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Tonganoxie box social proves to be lucrative fundraiser
- Tonganoxie police looking for information regarding case of man trying to lure middle school student into vehicle