Obituary: T. Fariss Stolte
Services for T. Fariss Stolte, 94, McLouth, were Saturday, Dec. 9, 2006, at Davis Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth. Burial was in Mount Muncie Cemetery, Leavenworth.
Mr. Stolte died Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2006, at Country Care, Easton. He was born March 27, 1912, in Dover, Mo., the son of Arthur and Addie Stolte.
He graduated from Jarbalo High School in 1929 and attended Emporia Teachers College and St. Mary night school.
Mr. Stolte taught in Leavenworth County schools for 14 years and was principal at both Easton and Basehor grade schools. He was a member of Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, where he held several offices. He was also a member of Jarbalo Grange No. 11 for more than 50 years.
On Aug. 10, 1940, he married Lucille Pevurly. She died Oct. 6, 1983.
Survivors include a son, Thomas C. Stolte, McLouth, and a daughter, Karen Stolte, Oklahoma City.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties