Obituary: Gerald Lynn Stone
Graveside services for Gerald Lynn Stone, 72, Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2006, at the National Cemetery, Leavenworth.
Mr. Stone died Thursday, Dec. 14, 2006, at the Medical Lodge, Kansas City, Kan. He was born Oct. 5, 1934, in Thompson, Ohio, the son of Ralph and Helen (Ritola) Stone.
He was a 1952 graduate of Thompson High School and received a bachelor's degree from Kent State University.
He was a sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corps. He was a geologist and worked on the feasibility of the minuteman missile program in Wyoming, Nebraska and Alaska. He later retired as vice president of the Judy Co., Edwardsville.
Survivors include two sons, Lance and Linc, both of Tonganoxie; a daughter, Terry Brummer, Indianola, Iowa; a brother, Russell Stone, Thompson, Ohio; a sister, Louise Weddington, Akron, Ohio, and four grandchildren.
Condolences may be left for the family at www.quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- Wanted: Mural ideas for Tonganoxie
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation