Obituary: Robert E. Monshower
Services for Robert E. Monshower, 60, Hastings, Neb., were Saturday, Dec. 16, 2006, at Butler-Volland Chapel in Hastings, with Rev. Steve Markle officiating. Burial was in Parkview Cemetery, Hastings.
Mr. Monshower died last Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2006, at Mary Lanning Memorial Hospital in Hastings. He was born Dec. 12, 1946, in Chicago, the son of Robert LeRoy and Minnie L. (Porter) Monshower.
He grew up and attended school in Stockton, Calif. He served in the U.S. Army from 1963 until 1966 and was in the Air Force Reserves from 1980 until 1992. In 1967, he married Linda Burns in Lawrence. They later divorced.
He worked for General Motors in Kansas City, Kan., for 31 years, retiring in 2000.
On April 2, 1998, he married Kathy Wagner in Platte City, Mo. They moved to Hastings in 2003. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two daughters, Debra Heeter and Lisa L. Hill, both of Tonganoxie; a stepson, Andy Wagner, Tuscola, Ill.; a sister, Janice Turner, Tonganoxie; six grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
Mr. Monshower was preceded in death by a granddaughter, Haley Heeter, and a brother, Daniel Monshower.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Condolences may be left at www.lbvfh.com. Butler-Volland Funeral Home and Cremation Center, Hastings, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Tonganoxie school board tours high school
- Resident asks to consider educational opportunities for former Tonganoxie Elementary School
- Tonganoxie USD 464 bond reissuance to save nearly $1.14 million; candidate filing deadline June 1; more hires, resignations, new positions
- New Tonganoxie Elementary School creates 'excitement and pride'