Tonganoxie Elementary School’s principal resigns
At a special school board meeting Wednesday night, board members accepted the resignation of longtime Tonganoxie Elementary School principal Jerry Daskoski. His resignation is effective Dec. 31.
Tonganoxie school superintendent Richard Erickson said Daskoski has been principal of the elementary school for 16 years.
Earlier this week, Daskoski described Tonganoxie as "a wonderful place."
"And Tonganoxie elementary's staff is just incredible," Daskoski said.
In his younger years, Daskoski taught school for five years in Wichita. He then entered seminary school and served at the Church of Christ in Great Bend from 1984 to 1986. During that time he had Mondays off and signed up to work on Mondays as a substitute teacher.
"I missed the kids," Daskoski said.
He taught at Shawnee Mission for three years, and it was while he was there that he earned his administrative degree.
"Tonganoxie was the first place I applied," Daskoski said.
Wednesday evening, Erickson said Daskoski resigned for personal reasons.
"Mr. Daskoski has been a wonderful professional colleague to me and I wish him the very best of success in the future," Erickson said. "He had been an outstanding principal to the many students and employees that he has served so faithfully over the past 16 years. ... He will be missed."
More like this story
- Winner in Wamego: Tonganoxie softball wins regional, headed to state for first time in 12 years
- Heart of the matter for Tonganoxie High football in OT victory
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Eudora outlasts Tonganoxie girls with work on the glass
- Tonganoxie High School track teams look to build on 2014