Tonganoxie girls roll against Santa Fe Trail
Although Tonganoxie led at one point by just two in the first half, the Chieftains headed into the lockers with a 29-10 lead against Santa Fe Trail on Tuesday at Phil Lobb Gymnasium.
By the fourth quarter, the clock was running continuously because the Chieftains held a 30-point lead.
Tonganoxie won, 59-27, against a Charger squad that was tied for second with Lansing behind Tonganoxie in the girls standings before Tuesday.
First place again will be at stake Friday when Lansing comes to town. The Lions, after defeating Immaculata on Tuesday, are in sole possession of second place in the Kaw Valley League. Lansing has one league loss -- to Tonganoxie earlier in the season at Lansing.
For more on both games, see the Feb. 15 edition of The Mirror
More like this story
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers