Bulldog teams drop contests to Troy, Doniphan West
After dropping a 62-55 decision to Troy on Feb. 7, the McLouth High boys basketball team almost had victory on the road Friday at Doniphan West.
The Bulldogs stayed with the Mustangs, but DWHS held on for a 45-42 victory.
Against Troy, the Bulldogs trailed by just three at halftime, but a 21-10 advantage in the third helped Troy entering the fourth. McLouth put together a furious rally with 24 points in the fourth, but Troy prevailed by seven.
Kevin Stewart led McLouth with 15, while Rickie Kelley scored 12 in the loss. The boys squad now is 4-12 on the year.
On the girls side, McLouth didn't have much better luck. The Bulldogs also played Troy tough, losing by 11, 50-39.
Against Doniphan West, though, the girls had a more difficult task. The Mustangs won, 46-9, a loss that dropped McLouth to 2-14. Doniphan West improved to 15-3 on the season.
The Bulldogs will be at home Friday against Topeka's Cair-Paravel.
The girls game will start about 6:15 p.m. with the boys game to follow.
More like this story
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt
- 2 Topeka nursing homes, Washburn partner on internships
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie school nurse Heather DeMaranville
- Accomplished musicians to perform Sunday at First Congregational Church of Tonganoxie
- Aspiring to be a Spire: Freemyer signs with Saint Mary