McLouth to crown valentine royalty
McLouth's school colors might be purple and gold, but this week there will be plenty of red in the McLouth High halls.
The King and Queen of Courts will be announced at halftime of Friday's boys game against Topeka's Cair-Paravel. A dance at the high school will follow the game.
King candidates this year are Kevin Stewart, Jimmy Steffey and Jonah Wise. Queen candidates are Catherine Gunther, Bree Barker and Holly Kitterman.
Festivities kicked off Tuesday with the "best-dressed valentine" contest.
On Thursday, students will try to woo judges in the "best pick-up line" contest.
And on Friday, candidates will face each other in "Clash of the Candidates," a mock version of "The Newlywed Game" in which each "candidate couple" will be asked questions about one another.
A basket of treats also will be given to one teacher at the end of the week. Students, throughout this week, will vote for their top teacher in the "Sweet Treat for a Great Teach" contest.
The girls game will begin about 6:15 p.m. Friday, with the boys game to follow.
More like this story
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Tonganoxie taking city council applications until Friday morning
- Wichita State reviving master's degree in physics
- Former Johnson County election commissioner slammed in ethics audit