Obituary: Clarence “Butch” Mills
Services for Clarence "Butch" Mills, 59, Lawrence, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, 2006, at Tonganoxie Christian Church. Private family inurnment will follow in Maple Grove Cemetery in Tonganoxie.
Mr. Mills died Monday, Feb. 13, 2006, at his home. He was born Aug. 5, 1946, in Lawrence, the son of Clarence D. and Helen I. Poulsen Mills. He graduated from Tonganoxie High School in 1964.
Mr. Mills served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War. He worked as a carpenter for many years and most recently worked with Steve Eudaly Construction.
He married Carolyn S. Schultz on Feb. 27, 1965, in Tonganoxie. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include his mother, Helen Mills, McLouth; two sons, Mark A. Mills, Lawrence, and Dennis W. Mills, Baldwin; two brothers, Mike Mills and Randy Mills, both of Lawrence; four sisters, Maxine Handley, Detroit, Barbara Larison and Kathy Lewellan, both of McLouth, and Jeannie Parmer, Lawrence; and six grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Southern Care Hospice, sent in care of Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, P.O. Box 1260, Lawrence 66044. Online condolences may be posted at www.rumsey-yost.com.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie citywide garage sales, Leavenworth County cleanup events Saturday
- Tonganoxie residents gear up for fireworks; area communities offering displays
- Sunflower success near Tonganoxie
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak