Obituary: Edna Jane Kesinger
Services for Edna Jane Kesinger, 87, Lansing, will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 17, 2006, at Tonganoxie Friends Church. Burial will be in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Kesinger died Monday, Feb. 13, 2006, at Midwest Home Place, Leavenworth. She was born May 9, 1918, in Fort Collins, Colo., the daughter of John E. and Fannie Mae (Godfrey) Holladay.
She was a homemaker who also worked for the Lansing school district.
She married Vernon J. Kesinger on March 13, 1938, in Topeka. He died in 1997. A son, Vernon Junior Kesinger, also preceded her in death.
Survivors include two sons, Edward L. Kesinger, Tong-anoxie, and Freddie R. Kesinger, Lansing; three daughters, LaVerna Jane Harper, St. Joseph, Ill., LaVera Mae Aufdemberge, Leavenworth, and Brenda L. Wetzel, Leavenworth; two brothers, John Edward Holladay and Leonard Holladay, both of Lawrence; 11 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 16, 2006, at Quisenberry Funeral Home in Tonganoxie. The family suggests memorial contributions to the church or to the American Diabetes Association, sent in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
Online condolences may be posted at www.quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Diane Truesdell
- Tonganoxie USD 464 officials urging parents to apply online to assist in potential state aid
- Tonganoxie groups continue to evaluate future options for shared buildings
- USD 464 LOB authority hike fails to pass
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools