Obituary: Robert Milton Penrod
A memorial service for Robert Milton Penrod, 71, Tonganoxie, was Saturday, Feb. 11, 2006, at Pathway to Life Church, McLouth. Private burial was planned in Bonner Springs Cemetery, Bonner Springs.
Mr. Penrod died Feb. 7, 2006 at the Veterans Administration Hospital, Leavenworth. He was born on May 14, 1934, in Loring, the son of Milton and Alice (Fisher) Penrod.
He was a 1952 graduate of Bonner Springs High School and a 1956 graduate of the Kansas University School of Business.
He served three years in the U.S. Navy as a lieutenant commander. He worked as an independent business consultant. He was a member of the Pathway to Life Church, McLouth.
He married Jill Nelson on June 17, 1960, in Kansas City, Kan. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Darin Penrod, Kansas City, Mo., and David Penrod, Overbrook; four daughters, Staci Earl, Lawrence, Debby Slifer, Olathe, Kari Penrod, Kansas City, Kan., and Paula Mance, Basehor; two sisters, Virginia Amend, El Dorado, and Alice Belle Yockey, Bend, Ore.; and eight grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Kansas City Police Care Team, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
Online condolences may be posted at www.quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers