Butler County campus, coaches convince Gunter to sign
Catherine Gunther plans to continue her softball career in El Dorado.
The McLouth High senior signed a national letter of intent last week to play at Butler County Community College.
Gunther, who is a pitcher, said signing with BCCC was a clear choice.
"I really liked the facilities," Gunther said. "I absolutely loved the coach."
Gunther, who wants to become a nurse, also visited Kansas City Kansas Community College and Southwest Missouri State.
"It's far enough from home, but close enough, too," Gunther said of Butler County.
Last year, Gunther helped McLouth post a 16-6 record a regional runner-up finish to Silver Lake, which went on to win the Class 3A state title. The Eagles defeated the Bulldogs, 1-0, in the championship game.
Butler County finished last season third in the Kansas Jayhawk Community College's West Division with a 31-20 record.
This year, the Grizzlies are predicted to finish second in the division, according to the coaches poll.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High provides assistance throughout area with annual Community Service Day
- Tonganoxie High golf continues to improve scores
- State official to be director of Manhattan airport
- Area columnists: Jarbalo Jottings and McLouth Happenings
- Report: Kansas population increases by .3 percent to 2.9 million