Tonganoxie, McLouth first-round substate match-ups announced
The Tonganoxie girls are the top seed in the 4A Sumner substate.
THS will be at home at 7 p.m. Monday against No. 8 Piper.
The THS boys, coming off Tuesday's win at Perry, will play at 7 p.m. next Tuesday at Sumner in Kansas City, Kan. The Sabres are the No. 1 seed in the boys tournament, while THS is No. 8.
If the girls were to advance, they would play again Thursday at Sumner, likely at 6 p.m. against either Bonner Springs or De Soto. A win Thursday would put THS in the finals at 6 p.m. Saturday, again at Sumner.
A boys victory would put the Chieftains in the semifinals against Bonner Springs or De Soto as well. That game would be played Friday at 6 p.m. or 7:30.
As for McLouth, the Bulldogs boys will play at 7 p.m. Monday at Wellsville, while the girls will play at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The MHS boys are the No. 6 seed in the 3A Oskaloosa substate. They were tied with Maranatha Academy of Shawnee for the sixth spot, but were awarded the seed because the Bulldogs defeated the Eagles earlier in the year.
The McLouth girls also were tied for the No. 6 seed. Wellsville and MHS had identical girls records, but Wellsville was awarded the higher seed by virtue of a coin flip because the two teams hadn't met this season.
More like this story
- ‘Marijuana refugees’: Kansas family hopes to move to Colorado to save daughter
- Closure of Kansas hospital highlights rural care challenges
- Feds charge Kansas priest with bank fraud over parish thefts
- McConnell helps airman cope with loss of infant son
- Leavenworth County Attorney advocates for awareness following deaths of 3 infants who shared beds with parents