Obituary: Bonnie Mae Peterson
A memorial service is planned in Tonganoxie later for Bonnie Mae Hummelgaard Peterson, 79, Boise, Idaho, who died Dec. 22, 2005, at her home following a long illness.
Mrs. Peterson was born Aug. 12, 1926, in Tonganoxie, the daughter of Lawrence and Mary Hummelgaard.
She married Herbert John Peterson on Nov. 22, 1950, and they spent the majority of their life in Omaha, Neb. In 1994, the couple followed their daughters and their families to Boise, where Mrs. Peterson served as a volunteer with the Boise Police Department. Mrs. Peterson had taught grade school, served as a Campfire leader and taught Sunday school in the Lutheran Church.
Her husband preceded her in death.
Survivors include a son, John Peterson, Kansas City, Kan; two daughters, Patricia Braddock, and Pamela Nelson, both of Boise; four brothers, John Hummelgaard, Rogers, Ark., Dean Hummelgaard, Tonganoxie, Dick Hummelgaard, Raytown, Mo., and Dale Hummelgaard, McLouth; two sisters, Shirley Schuler, Kansas City, Kan., and Peg Worf, Garden City; and three grandsons.
More like this story
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- State lifts avian flu restrictions in Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas University student dies from bacterial meningitis
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas school district officials announce layoffs, pay cuts