Obituary: George C. Bogard
Memorial services for George C. Bogard, 88, McLouth, will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 5, 2006, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Private inurnment is planned at McLouth Cemetery.
Mr. Bogard died Friday, Dec. 30, 2005, at his home. He was born Sept. 11, 1917, in Shawnee, the son of George E. and Grace Bogard.
He was a World War II U.S. Army veteran who was a retired monument engraver. He married Rosalie Marie Bogard in 1947 in Wasquehall, France. She died Feb. 26, 2000. A grandson, George Michael Bogard, died on July 13, 2000.
Survivors include two sons, George A. Bogard, Rockwell, Texas, and Fred M. Bogard, McLouth; a sister, Alice Nordhaus, Austin, Texas; a grandson; and two great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race
- O'Brien: Broken funding formula and necessary corrections
- Tonganoxie Elementary School wins state title in Music Memory