Obituary: George C. Bogard
Memorial services for George C. Bogard, 88, McLouth, will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 5, 2006, at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Private inurnment is planned at McLouth Cemetery.
Mr. Bogard died Friday, Dec. 30, 2005, at his home. He was born Sept. 11, 1917, in Shawnee, the son of George E. and Grace Bogard.
He was a World War II U.S. Army veteran who was a retired monument engraver. He married Rosalie Marie Bogard in 1947 in Wasquehall, France. She died Feb. 26, 2000. A grandson, George Michael Bogard, died on July 13, 2000.
Survivors include two sons, George A. Bogard, Rockwell, Texas, and Fred M. Bogard, McLouth; a sister, Alice Nordhaus, Austin, Texas; a grandson; and two great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Kansas lifts teacher licensure requirement in 6 districts
- Tonganoxie Hall of Fame class recognized Friday at Myers Hotel
- Tonganoxie School Board again tables contract decision for Parker; 200 attend meeting
- Wichita teachers challenged to teach refugee children
- Tonganoxie USD 464 recognizes Becker for years of service