Basehor man killed on 174th Street
Man was walking along road when struck by vehicle
A 65-year-old Basehor man was killed Wednesday afternoon northwest of Basehor when a minivan drove left of center and hit him, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said.
When the accident occurred, John F. Frame, was walking south -- facing oncoming traffic -- on the east side of 174th Street. A 1999 Pontiac minivan driven by Betty J. Scheller, 77, Basehor, also was headed south and apparently crossed the center line and struck Frame, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol.
Frame died at the scene of the accident, which occurred about 3:50 p.m. Wednesday. The accident occurred on 174th Street about 0.3 of a mile north of Donahoo.
Highway Patrol reports said Frame's wife was at the scene when the accident occurred.
Scheller was wearing a seatbelt and was not injured.
For more about this story, see the Jan. 11 edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Brownback's office defends early childhood education shift
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools
- Kansas again faces possible loss of all federal arts funding
- Zika virus confirmed in Kansas, officials say; now more than 200 cases nationwide
- City budget suggestions cause conflict on Shawnee council