Obituary: Doris M. Gilliland
Graveside services for Doris M. Gilliland, 85, Tonganoxie, were Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2006, at Memorial Park Cemetery in Lawrence.
Mrs. Gilliland died Saturday, Jan. 14, 2006, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. She was born Nov. 28, 1920, in Scribner, Neb., the daughter of Maurice and Addie (Brown) Black.
She married John Gilliland on Oct. 11, 1942, in Topeka. He preceded her in death.
She worked as a meat wrapper for 25 years at Rusty's IGA in Lawrence and was a member of the Tonganoxie Senior Citizens Quilters, the Reno Ladies Aid and the Tonganoxie United Methodist Church.
Survivors include, two sons, Jack Gilliland, Blue Springs, Mo., and Keith Gilliland, Lawrence; three brothers; Wayne Black and Maurice Black Jr., both of Tonganoxie, Dale Black, Olathe; one sister, Opal Kerns, Tonganoxie; two grandsons; two granddaughters; and five great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Tonganoxie Senior Center, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086. For online condolences go to quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal