Obituary: Kathleen K. Burns
Services for Kathleen K. "Kathy" Burns, 55, McLouth, were Saturday, Jan. 14, 2006, at First Baptist Church of McLouth. Burial was in McLouth Cemetery.
Mrs. Burns died last Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2006, at her home. She was born Aug. 14, 1950, in Clinton, Mo., the daughter of James Raymond and Rosa Lee "Rosie" Jellison Kessler.
She was a lifelong resident of McLouth and graduated in 1968 from McLouth High School.
Mrs. Burns was a homemaker. She and her first husband owned and operated a grocery store, restaurant and video store in McLouth. She also worked as a cook at Welch Wood Products in Perry.
She married Fred Woodhead in 1968. They divorced. She married Thomas Eugene Burns on Aug. 18, 1990, in Oskaloosa. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include her mother, McLouth; two sons, Curtis Woodhead, McLouth, and Clinton Woodhead, Liberty, Mo.; a stepson, Sean P. Burns, Lawrence; a stepdaughter, Michelle Shelley, Lawrence; three brothers, Edward and Greg Kessler, both of McLouth, and John Kessler, Blue Rapids; six grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, sent in care of Barnett Funeral Home, P.O. Box 416, Oskaloosa 66066.
More like this story
- Kansas authorities consider stiffer charges for couple of missing child possibly fed to pigs
- Kansas official seeks to save funds to treat drug offenders
- Kansas prisons full; official outlines $27M expansion option
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas governor promoting corrections programs with tour