Obituary: Mary Dorothy Somers
Services for Mary Dorothy Somers, 87, Lawrence, were Saturday, Jan. 14, 2006, at Warren-McElwain Mortuary. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery in Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Somers died Jan. 10, 2006, at Eudora Nursing Center. She was born April 24, 1918, in Tonganoxie, the daughter of Rob and Myrtle Derbyshire Gress. She had lived in Lawrence for the last 16 years.
Mrs. Somers was a homemaker and owner of Suburbia Dance Studio from 1960 to 1971. She was a fraternity and sorority housemother from 1972 to 1975 at Washburn University.
She married William L. Somers on June 14, 1935, in Kansas City, Kan. He died May 2, 1971.
Survivors include a daughter, Lee Ann Somers, Oakley, Utah; and a brother, Robert E. Gress, Tonganoxie.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Eudora Nursing Center or Hospice Care in Douglas County, sent in care of the mortuary.
E-mail condolences may be sent to email@example.com, subject: Somers.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie woman pleads no contest to 5 counts of felony theft from employer
- Tonganoxie man to appear in court Monday following alleged stabbing
- Tonganoxie man sentenced to more than 3 years for drugs, robbery charges
- Leavenworth County inmate sentenced to more than 10 years
- Leavenworth man gives guilty plea in battery case