Anna Christine Smith
Services for Anna Christine "Chris" Bruntmyer Smith, 43, Linwood, were Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2006, at Linwood Baptist Church, with the Rev. Stephen Smith officiating. Burial was in Oak Hill Cemetery in Lawrence.
Ms. Smith died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006, at her home.
She was born Feb. 23, 1962, in Lawrence, the daughter of Arley and Lola Smith. She graduated from Linwood High School in 1980 and the Kansas City Kansas Community College nursing program.
Ms. Smith worked as a registered nurse for 12 years at Liberty Hospital, retiring because of health reasons. She also had worked at hospitals in Ottawa and Lawrence and at Dr. Susan Lill's office in Overland Park.
Survivors include her parents, Linwood; a sister, Leanne Mathews; her paternal grandmother, Anna P. Robinson, Lawrence; and her companion, Donald Bruntmyer, Liberty, Mo.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Breast Cancer Foundation, Leavenworth Hospice or the Oncology Clinic at Liberty Hospital, sent in care of Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, 214 Oak St., Bonner Springs 66012.
More like this story
- Kansas man driving combine leads law enforcement on chase
- Lawmakers to again consider policy on police body cameras
- Wichita animal control officers seek home for alligator
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Tonganoxie police asking for help in finding missing resident