Doris L. Dodge
Services for Doris L. Dodge, 87, Emporia, were Friday, Jan. 20, 2006, at Roberts-Blue-Barnett Funeral Home, Emporia, with the Rev. Steve Smith officiating. Burial was in Hillside Cemetery, Toledo, Kan.
Mrs. Dodge died Jan. 27, 2006, at Newman Regional Health Center, Emporia. She was born May 23, 1918, in Jenks, Okla., the daughter of Roy and Eula (Moore) Monfore.
She was a housewife who worked for 11 years at Newman Hospital's dietary department. She retired in 1985.
She was a member of First Presbyterian Church, Presbyterian Women's Organization and Pink Lady at Newman Regional Health Center.
She married Daniel J. Dodge on July 28, 1940, in Emporia. He died Feb. 8, 1990.
Survivors include three sons, Donald L. Dodge and Ronald D. Dodge, both of Emporia, and Gary W. Dodge, Tonganoxie; a brother, Roy Monfore Jr., Mena, Ark.; five grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren. A daughter, Shirley J. Dodge, died June 16, 1954.
The family suggests memorial contributions to First Presbyterian Church of Emporia, sent in care of the funeral home, 605 State St., Emporia 66801.
More like this story
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Tonganoxie School Board OKs putting LOB question on ballot
- Kansas GOP touts school funding law; districts look to cut
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal