Harold H. Steffen
Services for Harold H. Steffen, 93, Leavenworth, will be at 10:30 a.m. today, Jan. 25, 2006, at Tonganoxie Christian Church. Burial will be in Sunset Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Leavenworth.
Mr. Steffen died Friday, Jan. 20, 2006, at his home. He was born Dec. 30, 1912, in Hartington, Neb., the son of Carl and Hannah (Soehner) Steffen.
He was a member of the U.S. Army and served during World War II. Mr. Steffen was a member of Tonganoxie Christian Church, the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Leavenworth American Legion. He retired from Associated Transport as a truck driver. He also farmed.
He married Gladys Frerichs on Jan. 29, 1944, in St. Louis, Mo. She survives, of the home.
Other survivors include two sons, John Steffen, Topeka, and Dennie Steffen, Leavenworth; three grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
The family will receive friends one hour before the service at the church. The family suggests memorial contributions to Tonganoxie Christian Church or Hospice of Leavenworth, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
To leave on-line condolences for the family, visit www.quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Education focus: JCCC partners with Clorox for on-site manufacturing courses
- Kansas court's approval of death sentence not seen as shift
- Archaeologists from across US searching for Kansas artifacts