Residents invited to meet ‘Survivor’ winner
Area residents will have the opportunity to meet a famous Tonganoxie resident tonight.
Danni Boatwright, who last month was named Sole Survivor on television's "Survivor: Guatemala," will speak during Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce's annual meeting at 7 p.m. today in the Tonganoxie High School auditorium.
Boatwright, who won $1 million for beating out 17 other "Survivor" contestants, will speak for about 30 minutes, said Cheryl Hanback, chamber board member.
After the speech, there will be a question-and-answer session, followed by a reception for Boatwright, at which time she will be available to sign autographs and to speak with fans.
The event is co-sponsored by the chamber of commerce and the city.
Boatwright's appearance on "Survivor" was her third on national television. A 1993 Tonganoxie High School graduate, Boatwright was Miss Teen USA runner-up in 1993 and Miss USA runner-up in 1996.
In addition, she has modeled around the world and has been a radio host for a Kansas City sports talk show.
More like this story
- Kansas board to pick developer for new state-owned casino
- Tonganoxie City Council approves hiring legal counsel for potential proceedings with RV resort group
- Process continues for proposed luxury RV resort near Tonganoxie
- Farmers eager for drones, but most can't legally fly them
- Tonganoxie High provides assistance throughout area with annual Community Service Day