Obituary: Avanell McBroom
Graveside services for Avanell McBroom, 83, Lawrence, were Friday, June 30, 2006, at Glenwood Cemetery, Basehor.
Mrs. McBroom, a former Leavenworth area resident, died June 26, 2006, at Brandon Woods Retirement Community, Lawrence. She was born on June 11, 1923, in Independence, Mo., the daughter of Oscar and Chloe (Beard) Burns. She was a self-employed beautician and also worked for Gould National Battery Co., Leavenworth. She was past president of American Business Women's Association, Leavenworth. She was preceded in death by her husband, Wilbur Clete McBroom, in 1982.
Survivors include three sons, Robert Lee McBroom, Leavenworth, James Earl McBroom, Easton, and Gary Wilbur McBroom, Linwood; a brother, Carl Burns, Sibley, Mo., 11 grandchildren; 19 great grandchildren; and three great-great grandchildren.
Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie, handled arrangements.
Condolences may be left for the family at www.quisenberryfh.com.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Annual St. Patrick's Parade set for March 14
- Tonganoxie churches offering free eyeglass exams
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Kendra Schobert