Obituary: Fred L. Tinberg
Services for Fred L. Tinberg, 86, were Saturday, July 1, 2006, at Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, Bonner Springs. Burial was in Mount Sidney Cemetery near Linwood.
Mr. Tinberg died Wednesday, June 28, 2006, at Providence Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan. He was born Nov. 1, 1919, in rural Bonner Springs and was a lifelong area resident.
He was a member of the Linwood United Methodist Church and a member of the Bonner Springs Masonic Lodge for more than 50 years. Mr. Tinberg served on the Rural Water Board No. 7 for many years. He worked for more than 30 years at the General Motors plant in Kansas City, Kan. After he retired, he served as a volunteer at the Agricultural Hall of Fame in Wyandotte County.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Genevieve Tinberg, in 1996. They were married 53 years.
Survivors include a sister, Ida Alexander, Bonner Springs; and many nieces and nephews.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Linwood United Methodist Church in care of the Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, 214 Oak St., Bonner Springs 66012.
More like this story
- Kansas sets up voter fraud website
- Emporia State investigation finds no evidence of hate crime
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.
- Education focus: JCCC partners with Clorox for on-site manufacturing courses