McLouth continues 7-on-7 league
The McLouth High football team again competed in the Emporia State 7-on-7 tournament June 24 at Olathe Northwest.
McLouth, the smallest school at the tournament, went 2-3.
The Bulldogs lost to Blue Valley West, 38-25, and then defeated Olathe Northwest No. 2, 28-0. MHS fell to Kansas City Christ Prep, 19-12, and Olathe Northwest No. 1, 20-7, before defeating Shawnee Heights, 26-25.
The squad also competed in its 7-on-7 league June 19 and 26 at Basehor-Linwood.
On June 19, the Bulldogs fell to Bonner Springs, 48-19, before outlasting Lansing, 26-20, and Piper, 28-13.
On June 26, MHS beat Mill Valley, 26-14.
McLouth team members are: seniors Andrew Booth, Trevor Keling, Danny Crouse and Chris Driscoll; juniors Ryan Smith, Mark Stewart, Kent Sparks and Jesse Snyder; and sophomores Terry Skyler and Derrick Crouse.
More like this story
- Remember When: A Community Review for Feb. 8, 2017
- Cemetery stroll next month at Holy Angels with First City PAST group
- Visitation today, services tomorrow for Tonganoxie postmaster; online account set up for contributions
- Remember When: A Community Review for Dec. 14, 2016
- Kansas City Chiefs exec to give leadership lecture at KU