McLouth man dies after crash
One of two men injured in an all-terrain vehicle accident on July 1 near McLouth died Friday at the hospital.
Chase William Coffin, 23, of McLouth and the Oskaloosa area, died Friday at St. Luke's Hospital in Kansas City, Mo. Funeral services for Coffin were held Tuesday at First Baptist Church in McLouth.
Coffin and Robert Robinson, 22, Lawrence, were riding the Suzuki ATV around 3 a.m. July 1 when they lost control of the vehicle as it approached a bridge near 54th and Washington roads, according to the Jefferson County sheriff's office.
The vehicle rolled over the bridge railing and fell 10 feet. A hospital spokeswoman said Tuesday that Robinson remained in the hospital in fair condition.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie pays respects to longtime doctor at visitation
- McConnell helps airman cope with loss of infant son
- Visitation today, services tomorrow for Tonganoxie postmaster; online account set up for contributions
- Remember When: A Community Review for Dec. 14, 2016
- While Kansas sees fewer earthquakes, more than ever rattle Oklahoma