Obituary: Betty E. Zukel
Services for Betty E. Zukel, 77, Tonganoxie, will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 13, 2006, at Chapel Hill-Butler Funeral Home, 701 N. 94th St., Kansas City, Kan. Burial will be in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens.
Mrs. Zukel died Sunday, July 9, 2006, at her home following a lengthy illness. She was born May 2, 1929, in Redmond, Wash.
She married Alex H. Zukel on July 29, 1947. He died in 1999.
Mrs. Zukel worked at Sealright Packaging Company for many years. In addition, she and her husband operated and managed the Piper Lake Shore Line Club for 10 years.
Survivors include a son, Marvin W. Zukel, El Dorado; three daughters, Diana J. Showalter and Kimberlea E. Scheilz, both of Tonganoxie, and Tammy S. Hankins, Kansas City, Kan.; five sisters, Shirley Vukas, Edwardsville, Patty Arone, Alamogordo, N.M., Paula Neal, Bonner Springs, Juna Wilson, Bonner Springs, and Debbie Baucom of Pleasanton; 13 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. today, July 12, at the funeral home. The family suggests memorial contributions to Hospice of Kansas City.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie High school's Mary Welsh
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Kansas Supreme Court to consider convicted killer's appeal
- Tonganoxie family continues to be without gas services
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Jury weighing death sentence