Obituary: Alma Pearl Donell
Graveside services for Alma Pearl Donell, 86, were Monday, July 24, 2006, at Bonner Springs Cemetery.
Mrs. Donell died Thursday, July 20, 2006, at her son's home in Tonganoxie. She was born Feb. 15, 1920, in Coyle, Okla.
She played basketball in college. She was a Christian. She had worked as a social worker for many years with Presbyterian Manor and Beverly Enterprises.
Her husband of 30 years, John (Jack) S. Donell, died in 1973.
Survivors include a son, Donald W. Donell Sr., Tonganoxie; four daughters, Barbara J. Workman, Grandview, Mo., Beverly A. Saving, Basehor, Betty B. Donell, Bonner Springs, and Brenda K. Harris, Houston; nine grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Cancer Action of Wyandotte County, 1830 Minnesota Ave., Kansas City, Kan. 66102.
More like this story
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers