Obituary: Daisy M. Gergick
Services for Daisy M. Gergick, 73, Tonganoxie, will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 27, 2006, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Tonganoxie. Burial will be in Sacred Heart Cemetery.
Mrs. Gergick died Sunday, July 23, 2006, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Lawrence. She was born on July 9, 1933, in Kansas City, Kan., the daughter of Alfred and Sylvia (Robinson) Burkard.
She was a homemaker and a member of the Sacred Heart Catholic Church. She was a member of Heartland Toy Fox Terrier Association and Kansas Miniature Horse Club.
She married Edward J. Gergick on Oct. 12, 1957, in Miami, Okla. He survives, of the home.
Other survivors include a son, Edward J. Gergick Jr., Tonganoxie; three daughters, Cindy M. Werner, Winchester, and Mary C. Gergick and Theresa A. Gergick, both of Tonganoxie; a sister, Christine Leaf, Kansas City, Kan.; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, at the church, where a rosary will be said at 7 p.m.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Sacred Heart Church building fund or St. Jude's Children's Hospital, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie school nurse Heather DeMaranville
- 2 Topeka nursing homes, Washburn partner on internships
- Visitation today, services tomorrow for Tonganoxie postmaster; online account set up for contributions
- State basketball wraps up during weekend
- Area columnists: Jarbalo Jottings and McLouth Happenings