Obituary: JoAnn L. Hamlett
Services for JoAnn L. Hamlett, 76, Tonganoxie, will be at 7 p.m. today, Wednesday, July 26, 2006, at Porter Funeral Home, 1835 Minnesota Ave., Kansas City, Kan. Friends may call between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Mrs. Hamlett died Sunday, July 23, 2006, in her home. She was born Sept. 13, 1929, in Kansas City where she lived most of life before moving to Tonganoxie in 2002. She was also a former member of First Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include her husband of 49 years, Oren L. Hamlett; a son, T.N. "Whitey" White, Kansas City; two daughters, Catherine Magee, Stanley, and Lori Sanders, Tonganoxie; a brother, Robert F. Bobst, San Clemente, Calif.; six grandchildren; two stepgrandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Polycystic Kidney Disease Foundation.
More like this story
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- 2 Kansas school districts to close early because of budgets
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation