Obituary: JoAnn L. Hamlett
Services for JoAnn L. Hamlett, 76, Tonganoxie, will be at 7 p.m. today, Wednesday, July 26, 2006, at Porter Funeral Home, 1835 Minnesota Ave., Kansas City, Kan. Friends may call between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Mrs. Hamlett died Sunday, July 23, 2006, in her home. She was born Sept. 13, 1929, in Kansas City where she lived most of life before moving to Tonganoxie in 2002. She was also a former member of First Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include her husband of 49 years, Oren L. Hamlett; a son, T.N. "Whitey" White, Kansas City; two daughters, Catherine Magee, Stanley, and Lori Sanders, Tonganoxie; a brother, Robert F. Bobst, San Clemente, Calif.; six grandchildren; two stepgrandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the Polycystic Kidney Disease Foundation.
More like this story
- Kansas universities accept hundreds of students who don’t meet minimum admission standards: report
- Physicals to be offered this month at Tonganoxie High School
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Honorary Tonganoxie Phil to be revealed at Groundhog Day ceremony Friday morning in downtown Tonganoxie
- Kansas child abuse cases increase more than 30 percent over past five years