County commission provides grant to alliance
The Alliance Against Family Violence received a boost Thursday from the Leavenworth County Commission that will help ease a financial crisis caused by the loss of a $250,000 federal grant.
County commissioners voted 3-0 to give the alliance a one-time, $25,000 grant. The money will come out of the county's 2006 general fund and will be paid in a lump sum.
"Thank you very much. I'm going to have a good night's sleep tonight," Kay Andersen, the alliance's executive director told commissioners after the vote.
For more about the county's grant to the alliance, see the Wednesday, Aug. 2, edition of The Mirror.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie forensics team wins overall titles in frist weekend of competition
- Linwood girl's passion for rodeo continues to grow
- Tonganoxie City Council primary election voter's guide
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Linenberger: Time is prime to strike sunflower gold in Tonganoxie area