2006 THS grad injured in accident
A recent Tonganoxie High School graduate was taken by air ambulance to the University of Kansas Hospital late Monday after he was injured in a motorcycle accident southwest of Tonganoxie.
Brandon Willis, 18, was riding his motorcycle north on 246th Street north of Honey Creek Road when he tried to pass another vehicle, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said. While passing the car, Willis lost control of his motorcycle. The bike went into the ditch and struck a fence post, reports said.
The accident occurred about two miles from Tonganoxie.
Tuesday afternoon, a hospital official could neither confirm nor deny Willis was a patient at the Kansas City, Kan., hospital.
KHP reports didn't specify whether Willis was wearing a helmet.
Willis graduated last month from THS.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie graduate gives $1 million to KU scholarships benefitting LGBTQ students
- Simons family selling Tonganoxie Mirror to Ogden Newspapers, Inc.
- County commissioner shuns bilingual Spanish TV reporter
- Ex-lawmaker faces sentencing for fraud to finance campaign
- Feds charge Kansas priest with bank fraud over parish thefts