Obituary: Damien L. Grammer
Etta May Hodgson-Wickey, 85, Tonganoxie, died Wednesday, June 7, 2006, in Kansas City, Mo.
Mrs. Wickey was born Oct. 22, 1920, in Harveyville, the daughter of Archie and Virginia Hodgson. She attended Kansas State University where in 1942 she received a bachelor's degree in home economics. She was a retired home economics teacher from Winfield and Jarbalo High Schools.
Mrs. Wickey lived in Tonganoxie for 55 years. She spent much of her life as a dairy farmer's wife and mother. Her husband, Elmer Joseph Wickey, preceded her in death.
She was a member of the Tonganoxie Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary Jo Henry, Kansas City, Mo.; a sister, Mary Frances Hodgson, Osage City; a brother, Raymond Sherwood Hodgson, Harveyville; two grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
The family will hold a private graveside memorial service in Harveyville.
The family suggests memorials to K.C. Hospice, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie High school's Mary Welsh
- Tonganoxie High grad Ben Johnson wins Missouri Valley Conference decathlon title for Wichita State
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie reading specialist Janet Falk
- Tonganoxie again discussing ban on specific dog breeds
- Tonganoxie City Council's Reed to challenge O'Brien for Kansas House seat