Obituary: Frank Hendrix Rice Jr.
Services for Franklin Hendrix Rice Jr., 89, Tonganoxie, were Monday, June 26, 2006, at Warren-McElwain Mortuary, Law-rence. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. Rice died last Wednesday, June 21, 2006, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. He was born Jan. 18, 1917, in Brady, Neb., the son of Franklin Hendrix Sr. and Eliza Jane Gryder Rice.
Mr. Rice served in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II. He was an automobile salesman for John Haddock Ford in Lawrence for many years. He attended the Christian Church in Tonganoxie. He was a member of Acacia Lodge 9, AF & AM, Scottish Rite Bodies, Abdallah Shrine, Lawrence Shrine Club and the Jayhawk Fire Brigade.
He married Elvira Emry on May 20, 1945, in Coffeyville. She survives, of the home. Other survivors include twin sons, William J. Rice, Wichita, and James R. Rice, Tonganoxie; a sister, Mary Francis Rice, Troy, Mo.; two grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Shriners Hospital for Children in Kansas City, Mo., sent in care of the mortuary, 120 W. 13th St., Lawrence 66044.
E-mail condolences may be sent to email@example.com Subject: Rice.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Old Mid-Continent Airport terminal auction yields $83,000
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Kansas joins partnership to market region to film industry
- Child homicides taking toll in Kansas City metropolitan area