Aunt Norie’s Sewing Room
Lois had redone the lampshade, adding a beaded fringe. And it seemed to change the whole room.
The Kings -- Lois, my daughter, and Dave, were moving into their new (older) home and remodeling and redecorating. They're really enjoying the whole project.
The outside of the house had wildly overgrown junipers that Dave cut down and dug out. They decided to let their local high school's landscaping science class use their house as a project. The students are very excited and because it is a large corner lot, it will be a great project.
The class will design several plans, of which they then can use one plan or maybe use parts of several plans. They have plenty of room for rock gardens, etc.
There are so many ways we can help our schools -- if we just check it out and get involved. Please do. Many high schools have shop classes that need your crippled autos to paint and repair.
-- Aunt Norie, P.O. Box 265, Tonganoxie 66086; email@example.com
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers competing on Day 2 of state tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action