Obituary: Joyce A. Powers
Graveside services for Joyce A. Powers, 72, Leavenworth, will be 1:30 p.m. Thursday, March 16, 2006, at Mount Muncie Cemetery.
Mrs. Powers died Monday, March 13, 2006, at Providence Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. She was born on Oct. 31, 1933, in Tonganoxie, the daughter of Vernie and Anna (Spencer) Ohler.
Survivors include four sons, Richard D. Partridge, Little Rock, Ark., Charles L. Partridge and John M. Partridge, Leavenworth, and David Partridge, Waverly, Tenn.; two daughters, Judy E. Mullins, Shawnee, and Cheri A. Plummer, Corona, Calif.; a sister, Geraldine E. Wiehe, Fairmount; and her companion, Dennis Weisenburger.
Two grandsons preceded her in death.
Friends may call from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. today at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Children's Mercy Hospital, in care of the funeral chapel.
More like this story
- Insurance Department studying continuing education programs
- Kansas cattle inventory on the upswing after drought years
- Simons family selling Tonganoxie Mirror to Ogden Newspapers, Inc.
- Insurance companies say 2014 exchange members older, sicker
- Kansas oil and gas industries suffer while wind industry prospers