Obituary; Zalema M. Milbourn-Whitaker
Services for Zelma M. Milbourn-Whitaker, 84, Leavenworth, were Tuesday, March 14, 2006, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Home, Leavenworth, with the Rev. Randall Terrill officiating. Burial followed in Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Mrs. Milbourn-Whitaker died Saturday, March 11, 2006, at Cushing Memorial Hospital, Leavenworth. She was born July 22, 1921, in Cameron, Mo., the daughter of Thomas and Debbie (Huff) Roberts.
She married Jewell D. Milbourn in 1938 in St. Joseph, Mo. He died in 1960. She married George R. Whitaker in 1981 in Harlem, Ga. He died in 1984.
Mrs. MIlbourn-Whitaker worked as an assistant manger of the Cody Hotel in Leavenworth and had managed Russell's restaurant at the Landing in Leavenworth. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Leavenworth.
Survivors include a daughter, Patsy A. White-Bennett, Harlem, Ga.; two sons, Ronald Milbourn, Basehor, and Bill Milbourn, rural Leavenworth; a sister, Georgia Christian, Panora, Iowa; nine grandchildren; and 22 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to First Baptist Church of Leavenworth, sent in care of the funeral home.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood escapes Tonganoxie with 5-set victory; THS 7th at Rossville
- SALINA SEQUEL: Tonganoxie volleyball handles BLHS, clinches second straight state appearance
- Powerball winning numbers drawn tonight: A look at the winners and losers
- A perfect 10 for Tonganoxie High wrestlers
- Tonganoxie volleyball falls in heartbreaker to Eudora