Obituary; Zalema M. Milbourn-Whitaker
Services for Zelma M. Milbourn-Whitaker, 84, Leavenworth, were Tuesday, March 14, 2006, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Home, Leavenworth, with the Rev. Randall Terrill officiating. Burial followed in Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Mrs. Milbourn-Whitaker died Saturday, March 11, 2006, at Cushing Memorial Hospital, Leavenworth. She was born July 22, 1921, in Cameron, Mo., the daughter of Thomas and Debbie (Huff) Roberts.
She married Jewell D. Milbourn in 1938 in St. Joseph, Mo. He died in 1960. She married George R. Whitaker in 1981 in Harlem, Ga. He died in 1984.
Mrs. MIlbourn-Whitaker worked as an assistant manger of the Cody Hotel in Leavenworth and had managed Russell's restaurant at the Landing in Leavenworth. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Leavenworth.
Survivors include a daughter, Patsy A. White-Bennett, Harlem, Ga.; two sons, Ronald Milbourn, Basehor, and Bill Milbourn, rural Leavenworth; a sister, Georgia Christian, Panora, Iowa; nine grandchildren; and 22 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to First Baptist Church of Leavenworth, sent in care of the funeral home.
More like this story
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Tonganoxie golfers compete in first meets
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Chietain wrestlers snag wins, build for future in at Salina
- Billionaire buys Woodlands racing complex, but future fuzzy