Obituary: Bernandine Noel
Funeral services for Bernadine Noel, 74, Tonganoxie, will be at 11 a.m. today, March 22, 2006, at the Highland Park Funeral Home. Burial will be in Highland Park Cemetery.
Mrs. Noel died Sunday, March 19, 2006, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center. She was born Jan. 27, 1932, in Joplin, Mo., and had lived most of her life in the Kansas City area before moving to Tonganoxie in 2004.
She had owned and operated Bernadine Noel's Cake and Candy Kitchen for many years, where she made and decorated cakes for weddings and other special occasions. She also taught cake decorating and candy making classes.
She was a member of First Baptist Church of Bethel.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Clifford C. Noel, in 1996, a brother, Leo Goodwin, and a great-grandchild, Gillian Cooper. Survivors include two sons, Lionel C. Noel, Spring Hill, Fla., and Brent Allen Noel, Overland Park; four daughters, Conness C. Cooper, Joplin, Muriel A. Hamilton, Spring Green, Wis., Myra B. Noel, Basehor, and Melissa M. Ostermeyer, Tonganoxie; two brothers, Harold Goodwin, San Diego and Ralph Goodwin, Phoenix; a sister, Karen Hamm, Joplin; nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Tonganoxie Nursing Center, 1010 East St., Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation