Obituary: Roman A. Valdez
Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 23, 2006, for Roman Abad Valdez, 71, Arkansas City, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Arkansas City.
Interment will be in the Parker Cemetery in Parkerfield.
He died Saturday, March 18, 2006, in Arkansas City.
Mr. Valdez was born Nov. 13, 1934, the son of Alejandro and Maria Concepcion (Gurule) Valdez, in Del Norte, Colo.
He began his teaching career in Del Norte. After teaching high school business classes in Nevada, he taught at St. Benedict's College, now Benedictine, in Atchison. He then was a business teacher at Tonganoxie High School.
He married Alicia Mansanares on Aug. 29, 1964, in Del Norte. He was preceded in death by two brothers, Daniel Valdez and Jose Valdez, and a sister, Josephine Valdez.
Survivors, in addition to his wife, Alicia, of the home, include a son, Alex, Wichita; two brothers, Fred Valdez, Westminister, Colo., and Ruben Valdez, Las Cruces, N.M.; three sisters, Elivra "Albert" Bush, Aztec, N.M., Renee Ortega, Farmington, N.M., and Terry Chavarin, Anaheim, Calif., and several nieces and nephews.
Arrangements are being handled by Hawks Funeral Home, Arkansas City.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate panel's budget debate part of crowded agenda
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty