Obituary: Clayton “Bill” Hemphill
Funeral services for Clayton "Bill" Hemphill, 96, Tonganoxie, formerly of Linwood, will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, March 30, 2006, at Quisenberry Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will be in Reno Cemetery, Reno.
Mr. Hemphill died Saturday, March 25, 2006, at Tonganoxie Nursing Center. He was born July 3, 1909, in Linwood, the son of Crosby, and Elizabeth (Kellsal) Hemphill. He was a farmer and volunteered for Meals on Wheels at Riford Senior Center, Tonganoxie.
Survivors include two sons, Jack C. Hemphill, Topeka, and Robert C. Hemphill, Linwood; a daughter, Linda Hemphill, Tonganoxie; nine grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Riford Senior Center, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086. For online condolences, visit www.quisenberryfh.com. Friends may call from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. today, March 29, 2006, at Quisenberry Chapel.
More like this story
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college
- KSU students to go on the road to care for shelter animals
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9