Brothers open McLouth Gambino’s Pizza
A new pizza shop has injected some bustle into downtown McLouth.
Brothers Aaron and Ryan Boden opened Gambino's Pizza in late March on Union Street, next to the Bank of McLouth.
Aaron Boden, who with his brother owns Gambino's locations in Tonganoxie and Eudora, said McLouth was an obvious choice for a third restaurant. With many vacant storefronts downtown, he said another restaurant was what McLouth needed.
"These people need another good community business, one that's going to support the people," Boden said. "One that's going to give donations back to the school and sports teams."
Before the McLouth restaurant opened, Boden said he and his brother renovated the building for roughly two months.
The hectic schedule of running another restaurant, though, has paid off early.
Boden said business already has been booming.
"Business has been phenomenal," Boden said. "We've exceeded our expectations."
The Eudora location, which Boden said is the siblings' "home base," has been open for five and a half years, while the Tonganoxie site has been open about two years.
More like this story
- Ex-U.S. representative seeks to expand lobbying firm in Kansas
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Analysis: Kansas abortion ruling could have sweeping effects
- Kansas' criminal forfeiture law, among nation's toughest, faces bipartisan effort to change
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups